Aims & objectives
Below are the six fundamental objectives that drive all of the work we do:
- Raise awareness of the symptoms and severity of heart valve disease in the UK in order to save lives and improve quality of life.
- Increase the awareness of symptoms of heart valve disease such as breathlessness and dizziness and improve diagnosis.
- Work towards ensuring there is a clear and effective treatment pathway between primary care, secondary care and expert heart teams to ensure more effective management of the disease.
- Effectively campaign for early diagnosis and treatment of heart valve disease across the UK.
- Provide credible, independent and practical advice and information about heart valve disease to all those concerned with the disease.
- Represent the UK’s heart valve disease patients to help ensure that they receive the best treatment at the right time, improving quality of life and overall outcome for each individual.
HVV Recommendation 1 - Include Heart Valve Disease in the NHS Strategies for Cardiovascular Disease
HVV Recommendation 2 - Campaign to Raise Awareness of Heart Valve Disease
HVV Recommendation 3 - Increase GP Consultation Time for Over 75s
HVV Recommendation 4 - Improve Referrals and Follow Up Between Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Care
HVV Recommendation 5 - Heart Valve Treatment Equality for the UK