- This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years and over
- It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and the entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual and only one entry per individual will be accepted.
- Images must be submitted in .jpg or.jpeg format and be of high enough quality.
- Images must not be watermarked with a personal or company name or a website visible on the photo.
- Images must not be framed with borders.
- All entrants must be able to supply a high-res image (300dpi) suitable for printing/exhibiting should the image be shortlisted. You may be asked for this when the time comes.
- The absolute maximum for each image must not be more than 7MB in file size and no more than 3000px on their longest side.
Photograph entries will be used for regional and national media outreach as well as on social media, and will be exhibited at the Grand Final at the Houses of Parliament. The exhibition may also be taken on tour to the supporting hospital clinics in each region to gain further regional media coverage.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure full consent / licence is given by you [the photographer] and any subject(s) of your photos to use the images for the duration of the competition and for a period up to 3 years after needs to be clearly outlined and included in the terms & conditions.
- For use in media work, on digital platforms and on social media.
- To be reproduced for the exhibition.
- No commercialisation of the images (i.e. not included on mugs, t-shirts, etc. and sold).
Photographers will not be paid to take part but reasonable travel expenses may be reimbursed during phase two of the competition (when regional winners are paired with a patient to create a photography documentary).
- No monetary prize will be awarded. Instead finalists and the overall winner will have the honour of having their work exhibited at the Houses or Parliament and across the UK on tour, as well as in media and social media.
- A panel of selectors will assess all images. Finalists will be chosen from among those shortlisted entrants who have met the image quality criteria. Finalists will be notified via email as soon as possible after the competition has closed.
- The decision of the selection panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Events may occur that render the competition impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.