How You Can Get Involved
- Heart Valve Voice’s healthcare professional Advocate are volunteers who play an important role in raising the profile of the charity in their local medical, patient and political communities. Advocates help us listen and keep us informed of what’s happening in your region. They also have the opportunity to shape the future of the charity.
- For more information on becoming a healthcare Advocate please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Healthcare professionals who have expertise in heart valve disease diagnosis are invaluable to the charity. Heart Valve Voice hosts a wide range of sporting and check-up events across the UK, where we check the hearts of the teams, the employees and the fans of some of the UK’s leading sporting institutions. To host these events, we need the time and support of medical professionals like you who are on hand to conduct the heart check-ups and listen for the characteristic ‘click’ murmur of heart valve disease, using a stethoscope or carry out echocardiogram tests. Healthcare professionals also play a vital role in advising and reassuring those people who are found to have heart valve disease of what to do next.
- If you would like to volunteer at our next sporting event, please email email@example.com
- Heart Valve Voice regularly attends meetings with MPs and senior policymakers to discuss heart valve disease and its diagnosis, referral and treatment. We also host parliamentary events to discuss new research, policies or increase awareness of heart valve disease. We often require support from either healthcare professionals or patients at these meetings, to help demonstrate the real-life implications of living with or working for those affected by heart valve disease.
- For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heart Valve Voice are working on a multi-disciplinary strategy within the healthcare sector. We will be attending several conferences throughout the year, and hope to take healthcare professionals with a special interest in cardiology or heart valve disease along to such events.
- If you are interested in finding out more, please email email@example.com and we will be in touch.